Most corporations lack the expertise and tools to responsibly secure, manage and audit file transfers across various tools in a large enterprise. We offer a File Transfer Analysis to help you understand the amount and type of file transfer activity that is taking place in your organization as well as the tools and processes in place to manage and audit your file transfer environment.
Why do you need a File Transfer Analysis?
- It is common for large companies to have tens of millions of file transfers per year.
- Most, if not all, file transfers are completely unsecured.
- Regulations like HIPAA, SOX, Graham-Leach-Bliley and FISMA require you to transfer data responsibly.
- File Transfer is an integral part of production workload these days and can impact service level agreements.
- File transfers are probably happening that management wouldn’t approve
- Sensitive data is being transferred in and out of the enterprise without proper oversight and safeguards.
- Management assumes your file transfer environment is being managed responsibly.
- Simple file transfer tools like FTP is available on virtually every platform in the enterprise and requires very little training to use.
- FTP is the quickest and most accessible file transfer solution in the enterprise.
- Unsecured FTP transfers send logon information and data in clear text.
Typical Scope of an Analysis
Our File Transfer Analysis looks at the overall File Transfer environment in your organization across servers, desktops and mainframes.
It is particularly focused on identifying areas of exposure so action can be taken to secure them.
Specifically, we look at:
- Where are file transfer servers running? Are they unnecessarily exposed to unauthorized use?
- Who is transfering files?
- What has a given user transferred?
- What data is being transferred in and out of the organization?
- Who is transfering sensitive data?
- What remote locations are accessing the company’s file transfer servers?
- Which file transfer servers create unnecessary exposure?
Includes 30 days use of the Sentry Analytics™ File Transfer Analytics Suite
As part of the File Transfer Analysis we install the Sentry Analytics™ File Transfer Analytics Suite to perform a comprehensive audit of the file transfer activity in your company. In addition to our written Assessment, you will be able to use all products for 30 days. This will allow you to see everything you want to know about file transfers in your enterprise. Start with summary information and drill down to detail information and get an unprecedented look at data movement across your entire organization.